Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Eagle has landed

The plane landed firmly after an eleven hour flight, and the stewardess welcomed me to Hong Kong, and thanked me for flying British Airways.

The adventure had started; a three year posting in the Pearl of the Orient. Luke, you have landed on your feet, big time. Off the plane and into the smoking room. After twelve hours I needed a cigarette. I put my Hong Kong SIM card in my phone and immediately I am told I have 5 voicemails. I can't be that popular surely? No I am not: 4 blank messages and a message from CSL telling me how to manage my account.

I join the queue for immigration, and shortly I am through to the carousel where my cases are already to pick up ( I am so happy that the nice girl, who checked me in, didn't consider 39kg worthwhile charging excess baggage for) and then to the hotel.

I had planned to move straight in to an apartment, but a leaking gas pipe has put paid to that little plan, and I am stuck here in the JW Marriott for a few days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home