Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thursday night

I am playing catch up with my posts, but bear with me, it will soon be up to date.

I had planned to start the evening with Happy Hour at the JW Marriott's bar, but when I got there it was already packed with people, who, I guess, were part of the US Navy contingent that had arrived in Hong Kong, so I decided to cut straight to the chase and head down Wanchai.

A lot of the bars had "We welcome US Navy" signs, and displayed US flags. A lot of them were offering special prices for US Navy - its strange, but to me the only thing special about these prices is that they were more expensive than usual.

Headed down to Neptune II, which was also packed, but I managed to find a seat at the corner of the bar, where I could just about make out the goings on on the stage. There were a couple of girls next to me at the bar giving me "the look", which I was not returning - they weren't my type. There seemed to be a shortage of people working behind the bar at this time, and I was having difficulty in attracting anyone's attention to serve me; so one of these not-so-fair maidens helped me out.

I smiled my thanks, and, too late you've done it now, she came over. I said to her "Khun chew arai?". I was betting she was Thai, and I guess its a fairly safe bet in Neptune II. I was spot on. "Oh you speak Thai". Anyway we chatted for a while, she was stroking my thigh and telling me she wanted to come to my hotel room and give me a massage. "I work massage parlour in Bangkok before. I give you good massage". I explained to her that I was too tired and jet-lagged, and really wasn't interested. Her and her friend left to go onto the dance floor.

A short while later Hera comes over and greets me like a long lost friend. Hera seems to know everyone, and I met her when I came on my reconnaissance visit. She is getting a bit long in the tooth, but has got very firm hands to give you a massage whilst you are sitting having a drink; all she asks in return is a drink for her. She asked how I was, and I told her I was tired - she jumps up and starts to massage my neck and shoulders. Then she introduces me to Aphrodite, a classic Thai beauty who speaks very good English, and is dressed with some style and panache; of course she has a friend with her, but the friend was not in the same beauty league. We chatted for a while, and I said that I hoped to see her the next night.

After that I decided it was time to go home, so I strolled back to the hotel, hoping that I had drunk enough beer to sort out the jet lag.

Fat chance! In the morning I was wide awake at 4 am.

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Luke,

Hope you enjoy your Hong Kong stint. I had my best time there. Although 'twas bittersweet. And many many thanks for linking to my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home