Monday, April 10, 2006

Friday

Friday was not a very good day, all in all. I was supposed to hear that my apartment was safe to move into, but unfortunately another leaking pipe meant that I was condemned to stay for longer in my hotel – it’s a great hardship, you know!

On a better note, my first day at work was quite successful, and everyone seems very friendly and helpful.

But I was so hacked off at not being able to move into my apartment, that I decided a few beers were in order. First stop was the wine bar in the hotel, where, not only do they serve a nice glass of Stella, but very are some very nice young ladies to serve you. One in particular has a very shapely calf on show when she reaches up to the wine cabinets, but I digress. After a while, I was getting bored so I headed down to Neptune, where I quickly spotted Hera sat at the bar, so I went over and said hello. After a while, I spotted Aphrodite around the other side of the bar; she soon came over to and we got chatting. It seemed she was having problems with her sister, so she wasn’t really focussed on being sociable.

In fact, I was starting to find the whole evening a bit of a drag, so I headed off to my last chance saloon to see if I could run into an old friend again. Sure enough, as soon as I went through the curtain she came over to greet me, and in her usual style order me some food. For the purpose of this column I will call her Demeter. She has the mobile phone number of some Thai fast food outlet, and very soon we were tucking into pad kaprow gai, and very tasty it was too even if it was a little bit mai phet for my taste.

I don’t know what time I staggered back to the hotel, but it seems to have cured the jet lag. Saturday morning I woke up at 10am, great, but, I had missed breakfast, and felt really rough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home