Friday, June 01, 2007

Shekou for a bit

I had to go to Shekou, yesterday afternoon for a meeting. I haven't been across there for a while, as I dread our hosts taking me to the restaurant in the office block where thay always serve the wrong kind of food for me.
Well, surprise, surprise, they took us to the restaurant at the hotel near their office, where I feasted on a very respectable fish and chips.
After a very positive, constructive meeting, I headed back to the ferry terminal only to find that they don't accept Hong Kong dollars, anymore. Obviously, now the Yuan is stronger than the HKD, they don't take it so readily - they won't even accept a larger ammount of dollars for a remimbi priced ticket.
I got my ticket in the end, but it was a right royal pain, especially as I have plenty of Renmimbi at home, but forgot to pick them up.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Shekou in Hong Kong?

 
At 11:16 AM , Blogger Luke said...

Shek O 石澳 is in southern Hong Kong.
Shekou 蛇口 is near Shenzen in China.

 
At 11:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah you meant She Kou ;-)
That makes more sense then.
Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home