Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I lost my hand chicken

OK the word for mobile phone in mandarin translates as "hand device". The word for device is ji, different symbol, but same pronounciation as the word for chicken. I wear my hand chicken on my belt; Its a nice phone, nothing fancy in the way of added features, but it does what it says on the tin.
Yesterday evening, I was heading down to the reception and banquet, and sure enough my mobile phone wasn't where it should be: no phone, no case. Because I was running a little late, and I didn't want to be disturbed during the meal, I didn't worry too much. I had it in the afternoon, early on so it can't have gone far.
After the meal where the speeches were longer than the time spent earing the food (which was really nice, by the way), I returned to my room to track down the phone. OK I had had a few drinks at the meal, but I wasn't totally blotto, and I couldn't find my phone, I looked everywhere in the room. Dash and bother, was the polite way of saying what I was thinking. I would have to contact my hosts in the morning and ask them to check the coach and the training school I had visitted in the afternoon.
Anyway, I sent an email to my company, asking them to put a block on my mobile phone and issue me with a new SIM card, and then went down to the hotel bar to have a few drinks to get over the inconvenience of losing my hand chicken.
This morning I was woken up by the sound of the alarm on my mobile phone going off! When I had gone to the toilet, and dropped my trousers the phone must have dropped off the belt and found its way behind the bowl. So now I am reunited with my mobile phone, and have made a resolution to back up all my contacts onto my PC when I get home.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey,

I had also gone through pain of losing my cell phone , its a blessing you had it back, i had to go through much ordeal to get all my contacts back(though i never got them back). Ans now i have made the backup of my contacts with zyb. So that whereever i lose my cell I can get my contacts instantly to my new phone because they create an online backup. Its never a good idea to lose a phone, its even worse not to have contacts with you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home