Thursday, September 04, 2008

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

I suppose that when you write a journal and post it on the internet, you should expect it to come back and bite you on the ass some time in the future. I have not posted on this blog for some time, mainly because I haven’t had anything I feel worthwhile sharing with my readers. So, you can imagine my surprise, when in a dark nightclub, I am approached by a girl and she tells me that she has read my blog!

Fortunately, she seems to like what I have written, including what I have written about her. What is more surprising is that she has started to read the whole thing; going back to when I started it over two years ago. In typical direct Chinese style, she was asking me questions about Peanut, and the whole shebang.

Well Chrissie, I am glad you are enjoying this, and I hope you enjoy your fame on the internet, and I hope you get something from it.

I did ask her how she found my blog, and she said she was searching for something on the internet and found it with my photo, which she recognized. I wondered how my blog reached so far up the search engine listings – then I remembered that I used to spell Dalian as Dalain, and if Chrissie also made a mistake in her spelling then “Voila”

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM , Blogger expat@large said...

Typos - they shall be the undoing of us all!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home