Saturday, March 22, 2008

Black beer with a creamy head


Next weekend, I will be attending the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens Tournament. Hong Kong's, self-proclaimed, most obnoxious expat calls this his "second-favourite occasion of the year, because every sweaty, blubbery gwailo in town has been interned in a stadium where they paint their faces, indulge in inebriated pagan chanting and watch hulking oafs run up and down a field, leaving the rest of the city a distinctly more pleasant place."
What will make it even more pleasant for me is that I didn't have to join the multitude, who queued up all night in December. I got mine by drinking beer. OK I don't normally drink Guinness, but since those kind people at Diageo have rewarded me with tickets, I may even change my tipple for the weekend, especially as G is now the official beer of the tournament for the next 3 years. So Mr H enjoy your pleasant city in the daytime, but watch out in the evening because the smell of b.o. and eggy-farts will be overpowering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home