Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Good news! Bad News!

In a gesture of marvellous generosity, the local powers that be have re-opened the aviary in the Hong Kong Park. It had been closed as a precaution against bird flu.
Whatever the reasoning behind letting the public back in was, it is to be welcomed.
I have yet to venture in there, but it is on my list of things to do. I pass it each day on my walk back up from Admiralty Station, so when I come back from my travels…..

And now for the bad news:- Carneggies, that oasis of peace and tranquillity in Wanchai is shutting down, for a couple of weeks for major renovation. It seems that the balcony in there is not allowed under local regulations, so Sunem has decided to get it sorted. I look forward to seeing the new look Carneggies, when it re-opens in May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home