Monday, July 10, 2006

All funked up

First of all, I would like to say that, on the whole, I like Neptune II. The staff there are efficient, friendly and acknowledge you.
I like the atmosphere, there. OK, on ocassions you will get a couple of drunken prats who try and ruin the good ambience, but, generally, the mood there is a good one.

The band is not the best one in Hong Kong, but up to recently, they fitted the bill there nicely. The last couple of times I have been there they have been playing different sets, and on Saturday, it was really different.
Their first set wasn't too bad, mainly older songs, but a couple that were more up to date; at least they were songs you could dance to. The girl singer only sung once, a Natalie Cole number. They came back for their second set, and it was a show case to show how good their lead guitarist was.
I am sorry, but as much as I like the song "Freebird", its not really music for a disco. This extended version of screeching guitar riffs just served to make me bored, Peanut wasn't happy as she wanted to dance, so we left.
It seemed that we weren't the only ones. The girl singer looked pretty pissed off as well.
Like I said at the start, I do like the place, but I just wish they would sort the band out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home