Tuesday, June 20, 2006

High Society Banking Corporation

Having been here a while, I decided to apply for a credit card with my local bank. I picked up the form and carefully filled in all the boxes, including the fact that I was male. I took it to the bank, and went back to make photocopies of all the other bits of paper they wanted, well almost. They wanted a copy of my employment contract, but I didn't feel like standing over the photo copier and copying all 60 odd pages that says nothing unless you are a lawyer, so I just photocopied the schedule which has the length of my contract, my salary, and all the important stuff on it, and explained this to the lady at the branch, who intimated that they would probably want the whole document.

Sure, enough I got the letter today asking for a copy of my contract, but instead of addressing me by name, or dear sir, they used "Dear Sir/Madam". Either they don't know the diffference, they think I am half way through a sex change operation or they can't be bothered to read the form I filled in, which would give them an indication of the correct form of address.

Such sloppiness in their approach does not give me confidence in their ability to provide me with a good credit card, so when I saw the sentence advising me that if they do not receive the required document within 14 days they will assume that I don't want to continue with my application, I was pleased as Punch. They are right I don't want to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home