Monday, March 12, 2007

I surrender!

OK, I admit it, my will power is non-existant, I am weak willed, irresolute, spineless, submissive maggot who shouldn't have access to money in a bank account.
Yes I bought the camera and lens that I saw the other day. Yes it was extravagant, but it was a bargain - rather like the housewife who buys crates of cat food, because it was on special offer; even though she didn't own a cat.
So I am now the proud owner of two good digital SLR cameras, and now need the impetus to go out and use them. I have decided that the rule will be:- unless shooting conditions dictate one particular camera, then on manky days, like today, I will use the 1D, on dry days or inside I will use the 5D. That's basically because the 1D has better weather sealing than the 5D.
Looking out of my office window, I see that the passenger liner "Queen Elizabeth II" has berthed at the Ocean Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsu, which seems alot more convenient than the Queen Mary II who was miles away from anywhere. I also noticed that the QE2 didn't get alonside until 11:45 in the morning which must have put a few excursion operators in a tizzy. As she was making her way through Victoria Harbour the barges that were stacked up to supply her with fuel, food and remove the garbage, where already following her up the channel. Its just a shame I don't have my camera with me!

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on new camera.

 
At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am trying to convince myself (and my wife) that it is time to buy a new camera. The final nail in the coffin for me was the fact that my cell phones camera has almost the same specs as the top of the line digital camera I bought 6 years ago.

Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home