Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sorely tempted

As usual, after my weekly Mandarin lesson, I was in need of some liquid refreshment, so I headed up towards LKF. This takes me along Stanley Street, and I normally pop into a camera shop on the way just to see if they have any glass that I like.
As I walked into the store I noticed two of the store assistants looking at a very nice camera body with a nice looking lens with a red band on it (a red band on a Canon lens indicates that it is one of their top of the range "L" lenses). I worked out that the camera was a Canon EOS 1D, but couldn't work out whick mark it was. Knowing that the Mark III has just been released, I asked the assistants if this was the new Mark III. They told me: "Can not be. This is second hand". So I went for a closer look and sure enough it was the Mark II - which is a very good camera, and the lens was an EF85mm F1.2L lens which is a really nice piece of glass. They wanted just over HKD14,500 for it - it would cost you probably four times as much new, and if I had the cash in my pocket I would probably have gone for it.
So instead I went up to Lang Kwai Fung to quench my thirst, and then home for a restless sleep, dreaming about cameras - I know, its sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home