Monday, April 24, 2006

Traveling in Dalien

The last few days have been quiet, because I have been on a business trip to Dalien. This thriving port, in northern China, has certainly changed a lot since I first came here in 1983.

In those days, the atmosphere was thick with smoke and the steam trains carried the cargo of the docks and into the warehouses. Nowadays, the city thrives with new technology, and the population have the convenience of a light rail system to move about.

The one thing that struck me about this city is how beautiful the ladies are, it is hard to describe, but rarely have I seen so many stunning women in one place.

I arrived up here on Monday evening, and having checked in at the Shangri-La Hotel, went to their bar called F2. This claimed to be the most chic nightspot in Dalien. If this is the case, then I do not hold out much hope for the rest, but it is pleasant enough. As soon as I entered this lovely young lady came over and started chatting to me in faultless English. Unfortunately I was to tired to take this any further, but she gave me her phone number if I wanted to see her again in the next few days.

Last night we entertained the people we are here, doing business with, to a nice meal at a restaurant near the beech. The food was very pleasant, but, as usual the continuous rounds of toasting each other, got a bit too much, and at the end I was glad to leave and return to the hotel.

I am flying back to Hong Kong this afternoon, and looking forward to getting back to my apartment and having my airfreight delivered tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home