Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Beer goggles

So, after work yesterday evening I went down to pick up my new toy. By the time we had sorted that, I realised that it was only a few minutes until 'crazy hour' at Carnegies, so I thought I would troop down there and have a few scoops.
Settled down at the bar chatting to a couple of expats, one of whom was trying to get me to play rugby - hmm.
Anyway after three (or was it four?) pints - decided to head home and get the Vaio set up - didn't leave it at the bar or in the taxi - good start.
Opened the box took everything out - guessed what various things were for (mostly wrongly) - took one look at the manual - its all in Japanese - well thats a good start!
Got it flashed up - you're having a giraffe I can't see that screen! Hunted around for a pair of reading spectacles that I only use in dire consequences - looked again - oh, this is hopeless. Left the machine on charge and watched some TV on my 38" Sharp. Remember thinking to myself that 38" was a decent sized display- whoever thought of displaying windows on a 4 1/2" display?

Today, I can see the screen perfectly well - no need for glasses. Have found the zoom button for looking at small writing in documents. Have downloaded the manual for the US version, hopefully there's not to much different.

So the moral of this is trying to look at a tiny screen after several pints of lager is a futile exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home