Saturday, December 09, 2006

Friday on my mind

So, P wanted to meet up in SoHo last night. Now, SoHo is not a place I have ever visitted in the evening, so I had no idea of a good place to meet up - I gave her the chance to choose, but, no, it had to be my choice. A quick search on the WWW and I suggested Stauntons, to which she agreed.
I left my joint about twenty minutes early and the first taxi driver didn't want to know, but the next driver would take me to SoHo although he didn't know where I wanted to go. He drops me off near the escalator, and having no idea where I was I decided to up. Bad move, but, one that I soon corrected. I got a text from P saying she was stuck in traffic. Apparently there was some kind of smash on Cotton Tree Drive, and all the traffic was backed up through Central. Don't worry, I responded I am lost. Having sent the text I looked about twenty yards away and there was Staunton's.
As it was still happy hour, it was fairly busy, no seats available but I found a place near the bar. I was quite impressed with the place nice atmosphere, pleasant customers and some appealling eye candy to boot. Soon P turned up looking like .... well I don't quite know what, but she was a complete contrast to all the other smartly dressed people in there.
We had a really pleasant evening, and just as I was getting into my stride, they went and closed the bar! WTF bars don't close in Hong Kong, do they? Well yes they do in SoHo at 11pm!
We decided to stroll down to LKF, which, as you could expect at that time on a Friday night was absolutely heaving. So I dragged P into Bulldogs, which was an oasis of relative calm, and we managed to secure a couple of seats on their balcony.
Nothing of note happened in Bulldogs, but their was quite a party going on in the bar opposite - the best hamburger bar, I call it, but I am sure that's not the name.
P was getting more pissed, and quite flirty; however, she looked as if she was at the stage where she would either pass out, throw up or both, so I got her to go home, telling her I was staying out a bit later. So quite a boring end of the evening. I did toy with the idea of heading down to Wanch, but discretion being the better part of valour I decided to head home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home