Thursday, March 22, 2007

Forget about the bad times, oh yeah,

I haven't been in the mood for posting much recently; but thought I would try and catch up.
Last week I went to Perth for some business meetings. The meetings were very constructive and worthwhile. We had a great dinner at the yachtclub, there on the Swan River, and I even managed to grab some time to wander around King's Park and take some pictures with my new camera. I found Perth to be a quaint city, with friendly people; but what is it with the taxis, just about impossible to find, even when you book them twelve hours before. Don't mention Qantas: this airline is supposed to represent the Spirit of Australia, and they aren't doing Australia any favours, I can tell you.
I have been really busy at work, although there are some major SNAFUs in China with creeping pipework and the such, but no one will admit to any delay in the project. I had two phone calls from Peanut at the weekend, totally out of the blue. When I asked her why she was phoning me she said it was because she missed me! Ahh!
I am on holiday in Phuket for the next couple of weeks, so wait to find out what happens!
Thai Air have screwed up my flights on the way back. They have moved half their flights from Phuket to Bangkok to use the old airport, and as a result they have cancelled the first leg of TG630. This means I have to get an early flight from Phuket and kick my heels for 4 hours in the new airport. Good reason for using Dragonair next time!
I won a free lunch for ten people at the Bulldog Bar in LKF, so I am taking a bunch of people from the office there today, then a mad rush to clear my desk before going on holiday tomorrow. Glad to get out of the way of all the crowds that accompany the Rugby sevens, and with Ching Ming and Easter, I don't use up too much of my annual vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home