Saturday, September 22, 2007

And the good luck continues....

When I presented my boarding card to get on the plane, the girl at the gate said that they had re-assigned me to a different seat, on the upper deck in business class. OK, it was too early in the morning to make full use of the free champagne, etc. but, at least I was treated to another serving of dimsum and some half decent coffee, plus I got off the plane quicker than I would have done if I was in row 57, that I was originally assigned to.
So a quick walk to the nearest available smoking room, to top up my nicotine levels. Then, on to immigration. Trust my luck to get the conscientious immigration official. Two people in the queue ahead of me got intensely scrutinised before being hauled off to the 'special' counter. When he saw all the Thailand Immigration stamps in my passport he looked even closer ( I think he may have mistaken the Indonesian ones for Thai, as they are very similar). Finally he asked how long I was staying so I told him and showed him my return ticket and he let me through.
By now, my suitcase was waiting for me, so I whizzed through customs and jumped in an airport limousine to Pattaya. The journey south was uneventful, they do seem to have made some progress on the highway, but its still pretty rough. I got to the hotel and didn't expect to be allowed to check in, until later, but they were kind, so soon I was in my suite. But not for long, as after I changed I headed down to Pattaya Beach.
First on my list of tbhings was a plate of pad-kaprow gai washed down with a couple of Singhas. Very tasty indeed, and the cute/shy waitress was flirting outrageously. Then a quick stroll round to Soi Post Office for a foot massage. The girl in there was trying very hard to persuade me to go round the back for an oil massage, but I was having none of it. After an hour, I headed to the Bodega cafe for a couple of sun downers before heading back to the apartment.
So, I am settling in well. Now its time for a shower before I head out for an evening's jollification.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home