Sunday, August 05, 2007

To watch a grown man cry, you soft git!

On Friday evening, I was trying to enjoty a quiet drink at one of my favourite watering holes, but there was someone there who, without direct contact was doing just enough to thoroughly piss me off. I didn't know him so it seems he was visitting the Hong Kong Office, fom abroad; but I do know what company he works for: a company that has an office in Quarry Bay on the 12th Floor of one of the buildings in Taikoo Place. Not only was he being an obnoxious prat, but he was ready to communicate the fact with anyone in the bar who was willing to listen to his foul language, watch his drunken antics, such as swinging girls around on his shoulders, and smell his stinking feet as he put them on the bar.
He was just one of those guys who was bound to ruin your evening for you. Then Fate intervened, on my behalf, to save the evening from being a complete disaster. He had obviously just invested some hard owned rupees in a new Blackberry whilst he was in Hong Kong, and he put this on the bar, while he decided to have an arm wrestling contest with one of his colleagues. And I was offered a similar revelation to Sir Isaac Newtoon with the apple, as he knocked it from its, not-so-safe place on the bar. Gravity took hold and it landed on the stone floor nex to the bar.
Now this was not one of those, 'when the irrestible force meets the immovable onbject moments". I guess that Blackberries are not meant to be knocked on the floor, so when it struck the granite slabs it sort of disintegrated into a useless pile of plastic and more plastic. The lout got really upset about this, and started to behave as if his brother had died or something. I have to admit that I mutterd to myself, my favourite Thai phrase, "Som nam na, you twat!".
Thankfully this event caused tne owner of the smashed blackberry to leave the bar, and I was able to enjoty the rest of my evening, by getting thoroughly sozzled.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 AM , Blogger 962 said...

Have to put that down as one of the more useful things a blackberry can do

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home