Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Pitter-patter

I woke this morning at 3:30. There is a wonderful thunderstorm outside, and the rain is falling so hard I can't see the Bank of China building. The claps of thunder are coming almost immediately after the lightning flashes. Hmm should I be using the internet in a thunderstorm? Who knows?

Hmm, I have just checked the Hong Kong Observatory website and they have issued an amber warning. Amber, is that all? How pathetic to let my sleep be disturbed by a piffling amber rainstorm. Tina Turner sung that she couldn't stand the rain against her window, but, on the contrary, I love it.

I have been really lazy, recently about updating this blog - in fact I have just been really lazy lately. I have a stack of ironing to do, housework has been left undone. There is no reason for this procrastination, I just can't be bothered! I need to get a grip on this quickly or it will spread to the work place.

I have been out a couple of times in the last few nights, but with the World Cup and the USS Ronald Reagan being on a port visit, the places I normally go re just too busy. I was in Carneggies early yesterday evening and there were quite a few american navy types in there. They were really well behaved, and a credit to their ship. I remember the days when the US Navy on shore leave was a nightmare with drunken street fights and general bad behaviour through to rape and manslaughter. Not nowadays, it seems, they are under such tight control. It makes a pleasant change.

Well the rain is easing off now so I am going to try and get a couple more hours sleep before I have to get up to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home