Monday, July 17, 2006

When it rains, it really pours....

So where were you when they suddenly issued the black rain warning on Saturday night? Were you one of the many late-night revelers stranded in the bars of Lan Kwai Fong?

Me I was safe at home, but I am glad it rained. You see I had gone out earlier to watch the Wallabies take apart the Springboks in the Tri-nations rugby game, and then I took in the first set of a band called something like 9th State, then I decided to go home early; where I fell asleep on my sofa.

So that is why I am glad I was woken up by the thunder and lightening at 2am, so I could crawl into bed.

Anyway, I enjoyed the band, whose repertoire appealled to the punters at Carnegies, and they even played some songs from this century!

Anyway back to the rain. It seems the super dooper new flood alert system in Sheung Wan wasn't put into operation on Sunday, because the conditions did not match the criteria which would have sent out the flood watch message. Hmm, I guess, that when the water level is knee deep then those criteria should be matched. But then what do I know, I am not a drainage engineer!

1 Comments:

At 4:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really a nice feeling when you're home before the downpour and the deluge come. It's nice to snuggle up in bed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home