Monday, December 11, 2006

The Big Connection

I arrived here on Sunday, after a quicker than usual flight, so on arrival my usual driver wasn’t there to meet me. As I came out of the arrivals hall this Chinese man comes over towards me. Next minute, a Chinese soldier comes over and shoves him hard in the chest, away from me. A couple of minutes later he is been bundled into a grey van, and being whisked off to who-knows-where. I guess he was some kind of illegal taxi tout or something.

Eventually my driver turns up, and I am safely driven to the Shangri-La Hotel. After a quick shower, I felt like a beer so I headed to the bar in the basement that goes by the name F2. I like this bar for various reasons, only one of which is the delightful totty there. As I have mentioned before, there are some beautiful women in Dalian.

Sunday night is usually quiet, probably due to it being the bands night off, and tonight wasn’t different, but there was still six staff working there. All these staff are very, pretty, well, apart from the single barman. Although it was the band’s night off the was a DJ playing tunes and a video wall showing a film of the hotel’s band “Masterplan”. Now I have a feeling of deja-vu, watching this showing. I think this is the same band that was playing at the hotel I lived at in Jakarta a couple of years ago. This feeling grew stronger when I heard that the band was from Canada, and one of the singers was from South Africa. Oh well, no doubt I will be able to confirm or deny this tonight.

A couple of the girls in the bar approached me for a chat, and to try and to get me to allow them to give me a massage. Ha, fat chance girls, there are a lot more beautiful people than you around. A bit strong maybe, but when you can afford a Ferrari, you don’t settle for a Mazda, or do you?

Then, the Ferrari drove up and parked herself on the bar stool next to me. I had met C a few months ago, and we had a great time chatting about the last time we met. Then I realized that it was nearly midnight, and time to go to bed. C wanted to come with me, but this time I declined. I am not sure if I can resist all week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home