Sunday, December 17, 2006

Schrödinger's cat

Don't worry, I am not going to start blogging about quantum physics, but I will tell you about my Saturday night.

I arranged to meet up with P at Carnegies at about 10pm. She had asked me if I wanted to accompany her to a display of modern jazz dancing, but, I had declined, as it probably wasn't my cup of tea. She then sent me a message saying that traffic was very heavy, and she might be late - this was around 8pm. I headed out about 9pm, and there was no problem with the traffic.

When I got to the bar, it was fairly quiet, so I managed to secure a stool close to the beer taps. Because it was quiet I managed to have a bit of fun with the waitresses and bar staff, and the evening was going well. By about 11pm there was no sign of P, and I had almost given up on her. I went to the loo, and when I came back she was sat on the stool next to mine.

We had a good natter about this and that, she seems a lot more relaxed than the previous weekend when she was getting problems at work. A bunch of about ten guys walked in wearing dinner jackets, and P said that she thinks I would look good in a tuxedo. I explained to her that I would never make the faux pas of wearing a wrist watch with a dj, as most of these guys seemed to be doing. "Oh, so they have no class!" she says. I don't know about class, but the style guru would have a fit if he saw these guys.

Then the dj (disc jockey not dinner jacket) started playing a whole load of heavy metal tunes, presumably for the guy in the black ramones t-shirt, which afetr a while did the trick and drove us off to 109. 109 was fairly quiet as well, and we spent a couple of hours there. Then it was time to take P home.

I have already told my readers about the bijou apartment P lives in, but I may not have mentioned her psychotic cat before. I have not seen this beast, but I have heard its sounds and seen the blanket under which it hides, move about in a ferocious manner. I have also seen the claw marks that stand as a monument to the cats nature, even to the person that feeds it.

P invited me up to her apartment, and it was fairly obvious that she was hot for a serious bit of hanky-panky, but the idea of making love in an over sized coffin shared with a demented feline was not my idea of a good time. I suggested that she came back to my flat, but she said she couldn't do that.

Having seen her to the front door of her building, and said good night, I headed off to Neptune. By now it was about three in the morning, and I thought the place may be thinning out a bit - far from it, it was fairly busy. I spotted Hera, who secured us a couple of stools at the bar. She told me she was very happy, because she was going home for a couple of weeks over Christmas.

I suppose I must have been there slightly over an hour, but not seeing anything that tickled my fancy, I headed off home alone.

I don't know if my refusal to go to P's apartment last night was a reluctance on my side not to move this relationship on to the next step; sometimes I am not sure about P, she does have mood swings and comes with a fair ammount of baggage, or was I really not fond of the cat? The cat lives under a blanket in a shoe box appartment, would it mind being shut in a smaller box, while P and I have some fun on the bed? Anyway if P doesn't come to my apartment then I think I will have to recreate Schrödinger's experiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home