Thursday, March 29, 2007

Beyond a joke

This photography lark is getting beyond a joke – I, now, have an agent. Bim’s job is to make sure that all of the girl’s know what my fee is, and then to make sure that I collect what’s due to me. In return, she gets a lady drink every now and again. This cuts into my “profits”, but increases “turnover”
Last night, I decided to go watch some Thai boxing at the new stadium, that replaced one of the better discos in Phuket. Owner was forced to leave Thailand after a series of revealing photos appeared in a Swedish paper, which offended the Thai cultural norms – let that be a warning to any foreigner who becomes too successful in Thailand, but I digress. The ticket was overpriced, but what the heck, I am on holiday. All in all, there were twelve bouts, only a few went the full five rounds; the first was between two young kids (60lb or 27kg weight), for kids they weren’t pulling any punches, and looking at the supporters there was quite a bit of money wagered on this bout. Betting on Thai boxing is the only gambling allowed in Thailand. There were quite a few foreigners fighting, as well; an Australian beat his local opponent by hitting him in the bollocks with his knee, a Swede lost to a South Korean, who scooped the prize money of 40,000 baht (about 1,000 US Dollars). It made a change for one evening.
There are quite a few Russian tourists here at the moment, and a pair of ladies, who must have been Moscow’s answer to Sharon and Trace (the two fat slags in Viz magazine) tried to chat me up last night, when Peanut wasn’t around. When they didn’t get any success, one of them spilt her vodka and coke down my back. This did nothing to improve her chances of ending up in bed with me, ughh the brain shivers, even at the thought of it.
I am finding more and more bars that are stocking Beer Laos these days; this is great as I love the stuff, and it gives me less of a headache. This is a bit strange as it never used to give me a headache at all, so either, a) I am drinking even more, b) its old stock and past its “best before” date, or, c) due to high demand the brewery is letting its standards slip.
The weather has been great the last few days, and now aloe vera after sun is being purchased by the truckload to try and ease the sunburn. I don’t think this good weather will last, as there are a few wispy cirrus clouds in the sky as I write this, so could be rain soon. Its also been getting noticeably hotter, obviously getting ready for the baking temperatures of Songkran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home