Friday, April 20, 2007

Back in the back seat

Great, I am back in Hong Kong. The trip to Jakarta was fairly productive, and my Mandarin teacher would have been proud of my rendition of "Yueliang daibiao wode xin", belted out in a karaoke bar, with all the Chinese cheering along, or were they laughing at my tones?
A record for me: 41 minutes from door open on the aircraft to door open at the appartment. It must have helped that there was no point in dilly-dallying in the duty free shop, as I am only allowed to bring three packets of cigarettes into HK.
I got back to find that the people in the appartment below me had complained there there was water coming into their bathroom from my apartment. A mild panic set in as we went up in the lift - maybe the whole apartment was washed out? It seems the water is coming from the apartment above mine and travelling down through the trunking with the pipes and vents in, and there is some damage to my ceiling as well.
So that's my Saturday morning mucked up waiting for the building engineers to come in and get it sorted out.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

41 minutes!? Awesome.

44 is my pb.

Yesterday, with a checked in bag - 95 minutes! Total rubbish. Was about a 40 minute wait for the bag.

--shaky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home