Saturday, April 14, 2007

Viragos, dragons and battle axes

First of all, a quick thank you to Victor, for pointing out that I needed to change my comments settings on Intuitive Observations to allow non-Google users to leave a comment. This has now been done.
I had a really nice meal at Isola the other night, with my business aacquaintances. Nothing fancy, I stuck to the plain food: Calamari skewers, folled by roast chicken. Some people tried the spaghetti with sea urchins and said it was wonderful.
After the meal, I was set up by one of my colleagues to take two of the Australians up to Lang Kwai Fon. I don't normally do late drinking on a weekday night. Although we had a great time, I was not in a great mood on Friday morning, when I had to drag my sorry ass to work.
Friday, dragged on and ona ,nd I could hardly wait to escape. Went up to Bulldog Bar for happy hour, where I got talking to this German lady who was visitting Hong Kong from Xuhai. She had planned to get the six o'clock ferry to Lantau, but kept ordering more glasses of wine and missing her deadline for leaving. As she got more drunk she got more loud, opinionated and objectionable. Her stated feelings about the Chinese were not very nice, and she was repeating these in a very loud voice. Every time I went outside for a cigarette, I kept telling the girl who greets you to save me from this harridan - the girls thought it was extremely funny. Eventually I just had to say to the lady, "Look, I find what you are saying, and the way you are saying it, to be offensive. Please, shut up." She took the hint and left, and I was able to enjoy the rest of happy hour in peace and quiet - after all no one was going to talk to me after I had been associated with that termagant.
Headed home and rustled up a curry out of some left overs, thought about heading down to Wanchai, but decided that after eight pints of lager, earlier in the evening that it probably wasn't a great idea, so had an early night. I phoned Peanut, who was in the middle of her songkran party, and was having a great time. I wished her, "Sawadee pee mai! Koh hai mee kwansok!", and she was over the moon. In someways I wish I was in Thailand for their new year, and, on the other hand I am glad that I am being spared all the water throwing.
I have been having big problems with Netvigator broadband, at home, culminating on Thursday with having no connection at all. I sent an email from work, to their technical department; I, now, have an internet connection, but it is unbearably slow. Better than nothing I suppose

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home