Monday, July 09, 2007

Explain the offside rule? Not a hope!

So there I was enjoying a quiet pint after work in the bar. Minding my own business, reflecting on the successes of the day.
They happened to be showing a soccer game on the television: Australia against Oman, but I wasn't really paying any attention to it.
One of the waitresses must think I am being too quiet, so she comes up to me to make idle conversation. She asks, "Who is playing on TV?"
I reply, "It's Australia versus Oman"
"Oh", she says, "Who is playing in the yellow shirts?"
"That's Australia." I inform her.
"The guys in black are Oman?" she asks.
There was only one guy wearing black on the TV screen. "No. That's the referee," I tell her.
I decide that trying to explain the intricacies of the offside rule would be wasterd on this charming young lady, and I go back to drinking my beer in peace, and solitude. Bliss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home