Monday, July 02, 2007

Re-Unification Day

So with today being a holiday, I broke away from my lazzy Sunday routine, and went out early to take some photos.
Started off by heading to Wanchai to watch the flag raising ceremony, but it was far too crowded and I couldn't get near the place. As a result I headed up to Queen's Road East and took some pictures of the older part of Wanchai.







After that I headed home for some lunch and to download my photos. After that I headed out again, and went to the bridge over Hennessey Road to watch the rally. I got there early and got a good spot, before the media and other onlookers arrived. I took loads of photos. Here's a couple:-







After that I needed some refreshment, so I headed for the Devil's Advocate. After a couple of libations, I headed off to the waterfront to watch the fireworks. Not too early this time, so I couldn't get a prime spot but found a place where I could set up my tripod and managed to get some more photos:-









I joined the throng after the display, and deciding that getting a taxi for an hour or so would be impossible, I went to another of my favourite watering holes in Wanchai and had a couple of pints before heading home and going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home