Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ferry me across the water

This afternoon took me to the Mainland: Shekou, to be precise. I enjoy visitting Shekou every now and again, its got some nice restaurants and drinking spots, and its not too dear. This afternoon I wasn't going to be there long - just a couple of hours in a meeting. Get the 1:15pm ferry from under the office and the 4.30 back from Shekou.

On the way back we came a really strange route. Normally we come under the western part of the Tsing Ma Bridge, then head directly to Green Island, and along the North coast of Hong Kong Island into the Macau Ferry Terminal. Not today, though: once we were clear of Kap Shui Mun, we went toward Stonecutters Island and then across the harbour tothe ferry terminal.

This route affords some great views of the island, but I am sure it was slower, and gave us a lot more close quarters situations.

I got home in one piece, so I am not to concerned.


Its a pretty crummy photo, I know, but what do you expect from a mobile phone looking through a dirty window on a moving, vibrating boat?

2 Comments:

At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading your previous post about the heavy rain, I was just wondering, where was Peanut?

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Luke said...

I'll tell you tommorrow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home