Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Sabai, sabai

Monday, and I got absolutely blitzed. Met up with some English friends, early in the evening and had a few beers, then went up Soi Bangla. First I went to a bar in Soi Eric to warn Nicke that I had split up with peanut. The reason behind this is that Nicke and Ead are my friends, but Peanut doesn't like Ead, for some reason. I guessed that if Peanut hadn't gone home sghe would have blown the taxi money on some mekong, and knowing how leary she can get, I thought it best to let Nicke and Ead know.
Whilst I was there, another old pal turned up. He had lived in Thailand for a few years, but gone back to the UK, and was in Thailand on his way back from China, where he had been doing some work.
Then I headed up to Soi Tiger, had a couple of drinks with a Norwegian who runs a bar there, but I decided that the Soi was too noisey (I must be getting middle aged) and decided to head for Dragon-a-gogo.
Whilst walking down Bangla Road, I was accosted by this pretty young thing, who tried to drag me into her bar. I was having none of it, and told her I would come and see her the next day. She called me a liar and said I wouldn't come back.
Dragon was disappointing, the low season talent was on stage, and the colour of the night was white, which didn't do the girls any favours. A lot more girls have tattoos these days, and not particularly good ones at that. The only one I think is any good is one girl who has a massive chinese dragon on her back. One of the girls recognised me and came over to say hello, but to be honest my heart wasn't in it; so I went home alone.
The next day, the sun was shining, so after breakfast and a massage, I headed down to the beach. The sea was quite rough, despite the wind not being to strong. This made it very difficult to launch the paragliders. I had several chorttles to myself as people were being towed through the waves before they gained enough height to take them clear of the waves. One was a moslem lady, all done out in black from head to toe. I don't think she enjoyed the experience too much!
In the evening, I did go back to sea the girl in Soi Lion who had tried to drag me into her bar. She was surprised to see me. I bought her a drink, and we had a chat. She started to tell me this sob story, about.... I told her I was on holiday, and only interested in sanuk things. So we chatted about this and that, till I took her back to the hotel for a great night of sanuk!
Today its raining again, so I think I will head off for a massage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home