Friday, September 29, 2006

Another pleaasant meal....

Well, with the obligatory round of mutual back slapping, the 50th pipe flange welders congress has drawn to an end, and acquantances who meet together twice a year for a bit of "aren't we so wonderful" are flying back to their different countries. My two colleagues are flying back at 3 am, so we agree to go out for dinner tonight, and we walk along the waterfront to a bar-grill-view called Lift. Being the only smoker in the group and because the evening was starting to get chilly, I suggest we eat inside (where I can't smoke).
The service was mediocre, but the food was good: I had a spicey paella, and my two fellow diners went for the salmon and the pork chop. My meal was washed down with pale ale, which I have to confess I find very pleasant here in Canada and far superior to Mohlson or Pabst.
After the meal I ventured upstairs to the patio for a cigarette to find they had a massive gas powered fire in the middle of the patio to keep warm and glass screens to keep the breeze off.
Tommorrow I have a morning sight seeing then fly to San Francisco on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home