Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vancouver day 1

Well I have arrived in Vancouver, where it is Monday afternoon, although my computer (set on Hong Kong time) tells me its Tuesday morning. The flight was pretty uneventful, if a little bit turbulent. The Cathay Pacific cabin staff were great.
I was a little bit surprised to find that the fine for smoking on a Cathay airplane is only HKD5,000, that's less than the fine for smoking in Times Square - not that I succumbed to my nicotine craving, mind you; it was just on a notice behind the toilet door.

Immigration and custgoms at Vancouver airport were a doddle and I was soon at the hotel to find that the agent had booked me a non-smoking room. The only smoking room they had available was on the lounge floor, so an upgrade was necessary. Not sure about the room number though: 911. My boss twigged in the lift that I had upgraded top a lounge room, but hasn't said anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home