Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Well its just gone midnight,

and its half past three in the afternoom in Hong Kong, and I have just woken up; my Buddha, jet-lag is a bummer.

Had a quick look around Vancouver, last night - i.e I made it across the road to the pub opposite the hotel. It ws a cool, clear evening, but a bit cool for sitting outside at a table where I could smoke. The leaves, on the trees are only just startring to turn, I am sure that in a week or two the colours here will be wonderful.

I saw a few flocks of geese up in the sky, and wandered if they were a hazard for the numerous sea planes that use Horseshoe Bay for a landing strip.

On the minus side I did notice a fair ammount of litter from a certain fast food outlet, and later in the evening, quite a few beggars, who were quite pushy in their demeanour.

The beer here is nice. At the first bar I started off with Granville Island English Bay Pale Ake, which had a mild, smooth flavour, and wasn't at all pale, it was quite dark. Then I switched to Kokanee, which is a crisp, light lager, and after a few of these I was calling them Coca-Colas.

It seemed it was a lot more fun sitting outside with the smokers than being stuck indoors watching TV. There was a big party of cabin crew who had just paid off a cruise liner and were whooping it up. There are a lot of oriental faces and Scottish accents in Vancouver, or thats what it seems to me. I suppose there is a good reason for it.

Oh yes, they don't seem to use cradles here for cleaning the windows on skyscrapers, they just seem to abseil down, cleaning the windows as they go - looks very dodgy to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home