Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A long and rambling post....

I haven't drafted this post, and am writing it straight on to blogger, so apologies if it isn't structured very well; but here goes.

I wrote a couple of weeks ago about meeting a charming, young lady at a favourite watering hole in Wanchai, and how we exchanged phone numbers. I did, indeed, get in touch with her and suggested that we went and took some photos on Saturday, since the weather forecast was fine. She readily agreed to this suggestion, but she couldn't meet until 4pm as she had a class to go to, and could we go to one of the outer islands. So thje plan was to meet at the piers at Central and head out to Lamma Island.

Although the company was good, I was not impressed with Lamma - there seems to be one main path which appears to be a race track for cyclists and packs of pedestrians - not the place for a stroll. Well we made it passed the beach, and after the beach the island seems to be dominated by a power station. So we headed back into the main town and ate some grilled meat from a Thai(?) kitchen, then headed to a bar for a couple of pints each (yes, she drinks pints and smokes), and then headed back to central on the ferry.

P (that is the pseudonym I will use for this lady) then suggested that on Sunday she could cook me a meal at her apartment, as long as I didn't mind being in a small place. When I came to Hong Kong I was told that Hong Kong people always go out to eat, drink and everything, because their apartments are so small. but on Sunday I saw just how compact these can be.

P rents an apartment in Wanchai, which is about 10 foot long by 6 foot wide. However, despite this small area, it is complete with a bed, a trunk that doubles as a table, a fridge with two hot plates on top.

In this miniscule area P managed to cook me a meal:- spaghetti with seafood. She decided to add some squid ink to the spaghetti, but I think she put too much in. I ate what I could, and since then evrything has been stained black - ughh.

She used to be a cook, so that is a plus point; next time she can cook in my kitchen!

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke, what's with you and women whose initials start with "p"?

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Luke said...

blame their mothers! I don't name them! Her name really beigins with "P"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home