Friday, October 20, 2006

Midweek and going out

I have realised that my life has become even more predictable and boring recently, but by the time I get back from work, I am just too shattered or lazy to go out. Its time for a change!

So yesterday, I went to a seminar to discuss the "Human Element" (no, nothing to do with kettles). Afterwards, I remembered that I needed to pick up a firewire cable, so headed off to Wanchai Computer Mall; and was very disciplined, and only bought the cable.

After that it was nearly time for Crazy Hour at Carneggies so I strolled the few blocks and managed to secure a seat at the bar. The bar was fairly quiet, though a few of the regular faces were there. Anyway, a short while later an attractive Chinese lady walks in and grabs a gap at the bar next to me, and orders a pint of Tetley's bitter. I gave her a chance to take her drink to a table, but, no, she is happy where she is - so I offered her my chair, which she declined. Carried on chatting for a while. After she finishes her pint, I offer her another and she switches to Guinness. Anyway we are getting on like a house on fire, but the lack of food and drinking in midweek means that I am not fit to carry on this wonderful evening. We exchange phone numbers, and I head back home in a taxi with me wondering "what kind of girl walks into a bar on her own and drinks pints of bitter?"

I will let you know if this goes any further; but, I do need to get into training for these midweek sessions, as I seem to be totally out of practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home