Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Disappointed


I had been thinking about getting a new lens for my camera, and was taken with the zoom lens shown above. Its a 100-400mm zoom lens made by Canon, and is pretty good if a little bit "slow" with a maximum aperture of f4.5.
So I did my research, and you can get this in the UK for the equivalent of HKD13,000, but if you are in the USA, you would only pay HKD10,900. So after work yesterday I wandered along to Stanley Road and walked into a shop and asked the price of the lens, and I nearly fainted when he told me it was HKD17,000! Then a lady comes out from behind the curtain and says "No, the 100-400 is HKD11,700", so I asked her which lens was 17,000 dollars and she told me it was this one.

I didn't think that I really needed the 28-300mm zoom, and having done a quick conversion of the 100-400mm lens into US Dollars, and, not being in the mood to haggle, walked out of the shop, and walked up to Lan Kwai Fong for the happy hour at the Bulldog Bar. LKF was just getting ready for the halloween celebrations, so not being in the mood for a crush, I headed home early for some yellow chicken thai curry.

3 Comments:

At 1:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that you're disappointed but this is out of topic. Actually I'd rather send an email but turned out yours is not public. Anyway, I'd just like to get a male's point of view. Maybe you can enlighten me. Does it mean anything when a guy looks at your lips when you're conversing. The guy is a colleague. OK, let's rule out that I have something between my teeth. Am I putting meaning into this or do guys do that all the time? Any kind of info would be helpful. I hope you don't mind if I ask a couple more guys as I'd like to get some sort of consensus. Thanks in advance.

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Luke said...

I read somewhere in a body language book that you will normally look at an imaginery triangle from the eyes, down to the neck.
If you are sexually attracted to that person the bottom of the triangle moves lower to below the breasts - which is why women sort a cleavage, to attract the gaze downward!
I would guess that a guy looking at your lips, could mean that a) he's deaf and is trying to lip read, or b) he's not attractyed to you, because then he would be looking at your cleavage.

 
At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, that's exactly what my sister said! He's lip-reading me coz he probably doesn't understand the way I speak. I am hoping she's wrong! Thanks Luke!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home