Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's Saturday morning, the World can wait

So continuing on from the water in the ceiling drama. The building management arranged to come to my apartment at 9 am, and turned up at 9.40 am, with a tube of silicon sealant and a pair of pliers. The engineer soon realised that he didn't have the right tools to gain access to the trunking, so off he goes to get some more tools. In the mean time I am talking to the manager and he tells me that they have the same problem on many of the higher floors, even eleven floors above mine. It seems they have not done any maintenance on any pipes in this trunking for twenty-one years.
I now have the engineer climbing out of my window on the eighteenth floor to see if there is anything wrong with the cladding on the outside of the building - rather him than me. I just hope he doesn't decide to jump!
Now he is telling me that he will come back again, at eleven o'clock, and I am starting to get a little bit miffed at this disruption to my Saturday, but, what can I do?
A bit of good news; a life insurance policy, I have had for twenty-five years has finally matured, and the payment has been authorised. So, a nice bit of dosh will be heading my way soon. The people who ran the policy wanted to know if I wanted to buy another of their products with the cash, and it didn't take me much to tell them that since I had been saving this money for so long that I wanted to enjoy it now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home