Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The calendar that's right once a year.


As a Mac user, I have a very useful calendar called iCAl, and it shows in my Dock. The thing that annoys me, though, is that if iCal is not running the icon shows a standard date of July 17th. If iCal is running the icon shows todays date. OK I know that its easy enough to start iCal automatically when I switch the machine on, but it can't be that hard for the icon to show today's date even if the program isn't running, can it?
And why did they choose today's date to go on the icon? What's so special about today?

2 Comments:

At 12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was introduced on the 17th July 2002.

You can use http://www.blocksoft.net/iconical.html

to keep it updated ... but it means that program has to be running all the time.

For an icon to update on the dock, a program must be running.

--shaky

 
At 2:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I can't help you here. But every day is special!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home