Monday, July 30, 2007

Thai Sausage

On Saturday, I ventured to the Lan Kwai Fong July Fest, LKF's version of a beer festival. Although it hardly matches similar events in Dalian or Qingdao, its a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.
Of course it was hot, damned hot, so after a couple of hours of walking around I stopped at a stall run by the Thai Lemongrass Restaurant; where a delightful Thai girl persuaded me to buy a bottle of Singha, not htat I needed much persuading. Then, she asked if I wanted some food. Thinking they might have some nice, Thai nibbles, I asked what they were offering. It seemed their main stay was sausages. I commented that this was not very traditional Thai food, and were they Thai sausages?
The girl quickly responded with a knowing look and a dirty laugh, "Thai sausages aren't that big!". Oh, how I like a Thai girl with a dirty laugh.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Blogger 962 said...

This is worth signing and passing on to all your links

http://www.savethestreetmarket.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home