Friday, September 08, 2006

Conferences you don't really want to go to....

I have been attending one of those very tedious conferences this week. The sort of thing where people give talks, which are thinly veiled sales pitches, and during the coffee or meal breaks, try and sell you products that a) you don't need, and b) provide zero return to your company.

Having said that it was good to meet different people and catch up with new developments in that industry. At least they took us out to dinner at the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club. Our venue was the Compass Room, and as you would expect this room is round offering great views over the harbour.

It was a very sociable evening, and I found myself at a table of men and women from TeleFrance, who made very entertaining dinner companions. The food was very enjoyable: seared scallops and shrimps, noisette of lamb, chocolate tart, all washed down by several glasses of wine.

When I left about eleven thirty, I was tempted to venture down to Wanchai, but I decided that my bed would be a more sensible destination. I eventually got a taxi that was going in the right direction and headed home to the arms of morpheus.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the menu makes me hungry!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home