Sunday, April 22, 2007

Things could only get better

After the maintenance people left, I packed up my camera gear and headed down to Western District to take some photographs, but my heart wasn't really in it. It was an uninsipring afternoon, but good exercise - lugging all that camera gear around and walking for a few miles up and down the streets.
I ended up on Wyndham Street. I had been intrigued by the Pickled Penguin several times I had ventured in that area. Since Spike has mentioned it a few times, I decided to venture in. Since Spike only goes to bars where you can smoke, I was a little bit disappointed to find that smoking was restricted to two tables by the doorway. Since I managed to secure one of these I was quite willing to stay. The service was prompt and polite, the staff making an effort to enter into conversation - though what they must have thought of this sweaty lump of lard that had just walked in, I dread to think. I ordered a pint of lager and a beef brisket sandwich. The beer was served too cold, for my liking, but, that seems to be the way the beer makers are having their beer served these days - it just makes me want to pee too often.
The sandwich was a little bit overpriced, but when it came it hit the spot - lots of thinly sliced, moist, tasty beef in a roll with a few chips on the side served with grain mustard. I am beginning to understand about the lack of decent bread in Hong Kong, that was the most disappointing part of the meal.
After the sandwich I had another pint, then decided to head home. Well I must have caught shift change at the taxi firm, since 50% of the taxis were "out of service". Eventually, after quite a long wait I managed to get on outside the Fringe Club. Got home, downloaded the photos from the camera, and had a nap on the sofa for a couple of hours. After I woke up I reheated some left-over spaghetti bolognaise ( single mans staple home cooking, along with chilli con carne ), had a shower and headed out to Wanchai.
I was in the mood to be bad so I went strait to Neptune, where I haven't been for several weeks. I found a spot at the bar between two Fillipinas and a Thai girl. Started chatting to the Thai girl on my left, and then her friend joined her. Annie is from Phuket, and we had a good old natter. One of Annie's friends turned up - dressed in scarlet with a low cut dress to emphasise her silicone endowed breasts - and drunk, but in a nice way.
After a while, the police came in for their regular check on the passports of the girls. I made a joke that my visa had expired at midnight, and I hoped the police didn't want to make a check on me. The girls must have been as drunk as me because they seemed to find this as witty as I did, when I said it. Annie's friend handed over her passport with a credit card an said to the policewoman, "I don't have Visa, do you take Mastercard?". Fortunately, the authorities took this in the humourous way it was intended. I checked out Annie's passport to find that she had just arived in Hong Kong yesterday, from Macau.
As the night drew on, Annies friend left - so Annie and I headed back to my place for some wonderful sex, and a very good Thai massage thrown in as well. A very nice end to a day that didn't hold much promise at the start.

3 Comments:

At 12:21 PM , Blogger Spike said...

Pelican, not Penguin, though I suppose it doesn't matter that much.

I made my return to Nept just as the cops were packing up, must have just missed you but odds are you wouldn't have noticed at that point anyway!

 
At 1:52 PM , Blogger Luke said...

The way the air conditioning works there, I think Penguin is more appropriate!

 
At 2:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo go on my son!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home